Wednesday, October 23, 2013
More tools for home practice!What's new!
- Grade 1-preparation of tah/titi rhythms with songs and rhymes you know
- Grade 2-a few new songs that we've learned in class and pictures of "Rhythm Carousel" of 2MA on the Pictures page
- Grade 3-concert song "Coffee Grows" on White Oak Trees, Gallant Ship and Land of The Silver Birch
- Grade 4-3 Beats in a measure songs-Let's Go a Hunting and Peter's Stream
- Grade 5 Concert Songs-If You Dance-words and then a recording of "Bim Bom"
Sunday, October 13, 2013
Conferences this week-
- The four trimester learning targets-goals for your child's grade level
- A self-assessment for Habit 1 and Habit 2 your child hascompleted for their work in music class.
- An indication of my assessment of your child's progress in Habit 1 and Habit 2.
Feel free to stop and see me in the music room if you have any questions.
Sunday, October 6, 2013
Opportunities for practice-
This week there are many opportunities for Lincoln students to use the blog to practice towards their Trimester 1 Learning Targets!
- Grade 1-Slide whistle songs to practice finding your singing voice and the story "Hand, Hand Fingers, Thumb" to help you clap 'the way the words go'
- Grade 2-Sing along with "Jenny Jenkins" and practice Verse/Chorus
- Grade 3-The story "Mommy Buy Me A China Doll" practice the song and the steady beat with titika rhythms
- Grade 4-Practice video and chart to help with you with your instrumental trimester targets.
- Grade 5-currently there are examples of Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" -can you still sing the theme in solfa? Look for more 'fun with fa' this week.
Choir for altos-in the music room due to the fundraiser pick-up in the gym.